Old 02-06-2003, 03:45 PM
BenignVanilla

Default Snails!!!

I was in the pond this weekend, trying to stir the clay up off the upper
regions and get it to settle down lower so it would get sucked into the BD
and end up in my VF. In my scraping, I turned up a small snail. I'd say s/he
was about 3/8 of an inch long, and had very long eye stalks (is that what
they are?). His/her shell was not what I normally think of, IE it was not
nautilus shapped, but more pointy.

Unfortunately the pregnant sister in law is due in a few weeks, and has both
my video cam and my digital cam so I could not get a picture.

Anyway...cool to have a new pond inhabitant.

--
BenignVanilla
Pond Site: www.darofamily.com/jeff/links/mypond