Old 24-01-2003, 09:37 PM
ProNews/2 User

Default Deforestation a hoax.

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 14:52:51 UTC, (Scott Murphy) wrote:

SNIP
Your argument from ignorance is no better than the other poster's
strawman, and you ripped them apart for that.

It wasn't a strawman, or at least not intended as such. It was an
example of similar tactics, I guess a poorly worded one. Kabana (or
she) is convicned that deforestation isn't occuring, so he keeps
saying, in essence, no one has proved it is occuring, so that means it
isn't. He *appears*, to me, to believe that if he repeats that enough,
those who think it is a problem, or could be a problem, will change
their minds and believe it's not a problem.

That reminded me of Ronald Regan. There are many other examples I
could have chosen, perhaps better, but it was a famous environmental
one. It seemed appropriate to me.

--
Tom Rowe
Remove the anti-spam chaff to contact me