Old 02-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Ophelia

Default OT....bird id required!

"Jo Ling" wrote in message

Oh dear, you really don't know much about birds, do you? Wrens are

smaller
than sparrows (DON'T ask what a sparrow looks like - even though the RSPB

is
worried that they are in decline!) Wrens are also female SAILORS (Women's
Royal Navy Service) not soldiers.

Jo we had a pair of tree sparrows, a pair of goldfinches and a pair of
collared doves investigating the tree near our window. A pair of blackbirds
won the bid. The goldfinch cock was fighting himself in his reflection in
our window. It was quite sad. He came back 3 times during the day to see
if the 'intruder' had gone and put up a spirited fight with himself.. They
didn't return The doves were quite interested but he was eyeing his
reflection up. The blackbirds don't seem too worried although their nest
is higher than our window and further back near the wall. They pay their
rent everyday with the beautiful singing. I draw a veil over the splodges
on the window. It is a wee price worth paying.