Old 02-06-2003, 04:56 PM
Hank Pagel

Default Snails!!!

what does that tell us Bonnie?
"Bonnie Espenshade" wrote in message
K30a wrote:
Now that we've got you throughly hooked, lined
and sinkered there is a book you ought to get.

At Barnes and Noble it is in the wildlife section where all the ID-ed

books
are. Very small, a Golden Guide from St. Martin's Press titled POND LIFE

by
George K. Reid. Great reference for whatever you find in the pond.
There you can find out that there are gilled snails who breathe

underwater and
pulmonate snails who must return to the surface to breath.
In my eight little pondlets in the house I have all sorts of snails.
In one closed environment I have had snails for a couple years, they

have
gotten smaller and smaller but they keep on breeding and having new
generations.

(See what ponding does to you, I have pet snails, sheesh!)

k30a

You may find the book in the children's area. That's where
I found mine at B & N.

--
Bonnie
NJ