Old 25-01-2003, 04:39 PM
Daniel B. Wheeler

Default Deforestation a hoax.

wrote in message . com...
Where is Government research indicating a risk of depletion?
I can't find any answers to my simple questions, it must be a hoax by the Greenie.
Simple questions.
1, how much forests left?
2, how many acres per year used?
3, how many acres per year replaced?

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it. According
to J. Russel Smith's "Tree Crops" published back in the 1930's,
deforestation has been going on for millennia. Where are the once
fabled pines of Rome? What happened to the cedars of Lebanon? The
rainforest that once covered much of the Sahara and sub-Sahara Africa
are now somewhat sparse. Recent indications are the Mayan civilization
also suffered from deforestation, but left enough in outlying areas to
reforest their ruins.

Do you need proof of deforestation? Can you tell the difference
between forests and trees?

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com