Old 02-06-2003, 05:08 PM
Frogleg

Default Chayote, choko, mirliton in the USA.

On Fri, 30 May 2003 13:48:30 GMT, "ares" wrote:

I recently tried them; they're very good similar to a winter squash, and I'm
wondering if they're easy to grow or not; they're common in the stores here,
not cheap tho'; the site shows they're selling an embryo; hard to tell if
it's a tree fruit or a squash like plant; I think there's a seed in the
middle of them; maybe I should buy another and try planting it. (I enjoyed
drawing a face on mine and it looked like a little toothless face).

You might enjoy the book "Play with your Food" by Saxton Freymann &
Joost Elffers. It's a lovely photo book with veg and fruit treated to
some alterations to make very interesing portraits. When I first heard
of it, I thought it was about creative garnishing, which it kind of
is, but more than that and a lot of fun to read. My library has it.