Old 02-06-2003, 05:56 PM
Ophelia

Default pond, mosquitoes & DDT - potential neighbour dispute

"David W.E. Roberts" wrote in message

Have they approached all properties surrounding theirs (not sure of the
maximum range of a mozzie but it is probably more than one garden's width)
and asked the entire neighbourhood to spray all their gardens with DDT

(not
just ponds but any corner likely to have as much as a teacup of stagnant
water)?

Hmm well you ought to try the Scottish midgies. We have no water near us
and yet they congregate around our tree and eat my better half to bits. I
am not sure I undertand why not me because I have been a target all my life,
AND I am allergic to their bites. Maybe I have become pickled with all that
delicious G&T

Years ago I lived in Malta and when I was pregnant the (real) mozzies ate me
to bits. So the point of all this is, that I believe water attracts mozzies
but certainly not exclusively!

Ophelia
In the land of the monster midgy