Old 02-06-2003, 08:08 PM

Default trapped skunk

Pat Meadows writes:

Pat On Mon, 26 May 2003 23:55:06 +0000 (UTC),
Pat (Hillary Israeli) wrote:

I can address this as well as the question someone else raised as to why I
wanted to relocate chipmunks. The chipmunks have destroyed two years'
worth of strawberry crops and frankly, I was hoping to get to eat a berry
or two this year! I KNOW it is the chipmunks, as I see them stealing the
berries .

Pat I think it would work better if you cover the strawberries
Pat (hardware cloth? window screening?) - if you relocate
Pat chipmunks, most likely more will just take their place.

It is wrong to relocate wild animals. It spreads
disease (that is how rabies spreads so fast) and
the animal is unlikely to adapt to the new area
anyway.

If you have a pest animal that you need to get rid of,
trap it and kill it humanely. It is more humane.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.gardens.edible...)