Old 02-06-2003, 08:20 PM
rajiv

Default pod abortion

after the pod aborted, i took out what looked like developing seeds
(can say for sure!!) along with the cottony material and have put it
into culture media. lets see what happens!!!

rajiv

"Ray @ First Rays Orchids" wrote in message ...
Mick hit it on the nose.

If you open the capsule and find it full of white, cottony material, it was
sterile from the start.

--

Ray Barkalow First Rays Orchids
http://www.firstrays.com

"rajiv" wrote in message
om...
hi all:

A few months back i crossed two of my favorite phals. The result was a
nice fat green pod which was developing quiet nicely. A couple of days
back, i noticed the pod turning yellow and today it had fallen down.
On enquiry i heard that it was a case of pod abortion.

What i am curious is , if anyone would tell me, the reasons for
abortion after 60 odd days of growth and development under the same
climatic conditions. i would have thought a pod could abort if the
plant was stressed or if there was sudden fluctuations in growing
condions, none of which happened in my case.

Also is this condition common in orchids?

Thanks all.

Rajiv