Old 27-01-2003, 06:42 AM
Daniel B. Wheeler

Default Logging on slopes up for vote

Larry Caldwell wrote in message t...
(Aozotorp) writes:

The proposed rule would
eliminate that mandate without changing the basic logging standards
for such areas.

As long as your house is over run by the klandslide and your family is killled
and it is under basic logging standards - It is Okay?

I doubt they are talking about the ban on logging slopes above inhabited
areas.

Maybe I'm reading it wrong (I hope so), but it sounds like just a way
of getting around having the state forester approve _any_ proposed
logging on steep slopes.

It kind of sounds like Oregon's new governor is desperate for some
kind of revenue to increase state coffers. And this simple rule change
might allow that kind of logging for 6 months.

Daniel B. Wheeler
www.oregonwhitetruffles.com