Old 02-06-2003, 09:20 PM
Rodger Whitlock

Default Okra seed germination

On Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:49:54 +0100, H wrote:

I've heard that Okra "reach 6 to 9 inches long, but are best harvested at
2-3 inches in length". Those are the fruit, of course.

Okra ... Yeuch. In my opinion, one of the worst vegetables in existence!
Horrible, slimy stuff however one cooks it.

;-}

But isn't that the whole point of eating okra, the ingestion of
sliminess combined (if you are lucky) with the sensation of fine
velvet? And the flavor really is quite pleasant, a subtle
nuttiness unlike anything else I've tasted.

I like it!

--
Rodger Whitlock
Victoria, British Columbia, Canada