Old 02-06-2003, 09:32 PM
Neil Jones

Default Time to take on the local authorites about cats.

(Nick Maclaren) wrote in message ...
In article ,
MC wrote:
OK folks - the law.
(This post only applies tio the UK)

If a cat is continually fouling in your garden and you can smell or, God
forbid, come in contact with it, it becomes a statutory nuisance under
Environmental Protection Act of 1990 and the local authority can take
action. Thus, the cat has become a health hazard under the said act and,
also, under the Public Health Act 1936.

I doubt it, somehow.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Actually Nick you are probably quite correct.I remember asking a
friend of mine who is an expert on environmental law about this when
it was being quoted against people having a particular plant growing
on land. His response was that it was rubbish. If you were able to
demonstrate a substantial risk you might get somewhere. I suspect the
council officers will just put it down to ailurophobia (fear of cats).

--
Neil Jones-
http://www.butterflyguy.com/