Old 02-06-2003, 10:32 PM
Anne Lurie

Default Looking for good source of info on tomatos

In addition to the points that Wes Dukes mentioned in another response, I've
sometimes used the Wall o Water (WOW) as "really big dripper" by filling the
interior of the WOW with water. It doesn't leak out too much around the
edges, so most of the water is absorbed by the ground around the plant,
rather than running off. I have really sandy soil, so it's difficult to
maintain "water basins" around the plants.

Filling the tubes of a WOW without having it tip over can be a little
tricky; I put a 5-gal. bucket upside down over a plant, then put the WOW
around the bucket to fill it.

Anne Lurie
NE Raleigh

"Lance R." wrote in message
"Daniel B. Martin" wrote in message
.. .
What is wall o waters?

A sort of miniature plastic greenhouse.
See http://www.veseys.com/store.cfm?product=850

Thanks. So its basically just plastic filled with water that surrounds

the
plant base? Interesting.

--
Lance