Old 02-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Default Why have my carrots not come up?

"Alan wrote in message
Three years ago I had a terrific crop of carrots. The last two years none
have germinated and I have given up for this year.

It is interesting to see that I am not alone. If anyone comes up with an
answer I will try again next year.

Carrots can take a long time to germinate. We waited ages for ours to
show this year, then when the weather turned warmer in the last few
days, they all started to show. Give yours a little more time before you
give up on them.
--

Even though I'm in the S. of the country it's been the same here this year.
Sowed a few short rows in our carrot box and nothing, gave up and planted

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.