Old 03-06-2003, 12:56 AM
John Rutz

Default Muriate of Potash

Jerrispond wrote:
Water softener companies carry it. $15 for 40# bag, pure white 'rocks', food
safe.

Why do water softener companies have it....and why would you need that much. I
bought less than 5 pounds last year for less than $5 and I have over 15,000
gallons....I still had some left this year Jerri

last summer i bought a 40 lb bag used it all summer in pond and gardens
been using it in both places this summmer and still have half a bag left
go to a garden ceenter and get a 5 lb bag

--

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com