Old 03-06-2003, 01:08 AM
KK from NJ

Default trapped skunk

It is wrong to relocate wild animals. It spreads
disease (that is how rabies spreads so fast) and
the animal is unlikely to adapt to the new area
anyway.

If you have a pest animal that you need to get rid of,
trap it and kill it humanely. It is more humane.

According to our Fish+Game commission I can
relocate up to 10 miles away to private (with permission)
or state land. Last year we had an explosion of squirrels
in our area. I trapped easily over 50 of the bushy tailed
rats. I never could have killed them all.
Survival of the fittest.