Old 03-06-2003, 01:08 AM
Steve Calvin

Default trapped skunk

KK from NJ wrote:

It is wrong to relocate wild animals. It spreads
disease (that is how rabies spreads so fast) and
the animal is unlikely to adapt to the new area
anyway.

If you have a pest animal that you need to get rid of,
trap it and kill it humanely. It is more humane.

According to our Fish+Game commission I can
relocate up to 10 miles away to private (with permission)
or state land. Last year we had an explosion of squirrels
in our area. I trapped easily over 50 of the bushy tailed
rats. I never could have killed them all.
Survival of the fittest.

In New York, it's legal to trap it but illegal to transport and
release.... Stupid state!

--
Steve