Old 03-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Purchgdss

Default garden police gone wild?

No different than the "garden police".
sigh I'm so grateful I don't have a "neighborhood association"/home nazi's

in
my subdivision. I purposely bought where I did *because* there isn't one.

I have a basketball hoop for my son who doesn't play with it much anymore,

as
do my neighbors. Also have a swing set at the rear that was smashed by tree
branches in the ice storm. Haven't figured out how to remove the concrete

set
pieces yet and being I'm a single mom, I don't have anyone to help me.

I'm sure there are more than a few violations of the home nazi's at my

house.

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine

Just to give you a clue: The Nazi's killed millions of people. Please use
your
terminology correctly. We have no homeowners or neighborhood association.
There is nothing formal. However, the homes in here are not box houses made
of
tin cans with cellophane windows.

The people in here signed on the line whereby they agreed to certain deed
restrictions and these can and will be enforced by a civil hearing.

I am not a conventional gardener. I have wildflowers everywhere in full
death,
but I leave them so they set and ripen seed. My sidewalk strip has no turf,
but
a hedge of Gaura lindheimerii and datura. I believe in orderly chaos as a
garden style. However, I respect those in here who signed on the dotted line
maintain a nicely kept front yard. If that's too hard for you to understand,
I'm sorry.

No, I'm sorry for you. Following this thread and the concerns you express show
your own insecurities and issues.

I was with you on the hanging venison (my own personal opinion), but then you
strayed into all the "transgressions" that you feel "lower your property
value".

As an after thought, you threw in a highly inflammatory comment on incest
because you received criticism for your complaints about unsightly (for you)
basketball hoops, boats, the "trash heap" of his yard, etc. You also show
unfailing elitism by referring to "trailer homes". Obviously the man had
enough money to purchase the house in YOUR neighborhood in the first place.

Instead of "working on gathering information", perhaps that young girl would be
best served by your relating your suspicions to the proper authorities and
allowing THEM to investigate immediately instead of (if this is actually
happening) continuing the silence that needs to be broken.

Seems to me the more important thing (than the way his property affects you) is
the child. Isn't that the better high road than worrying about his "trash
heap"?

"In 50 years, it will not matter
what type of car I drove, the house I lived in, the money I had. What will
matter is that I was important in the life of a child..."

Please recheck your priorities AND motives.

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine