Old 03-06-2003, 01:44 AM
Gail Futoran

Default IHAVETADPOLES!

"Essjay001" wrote in message
K30a wrote:
I meant to say.......

little black pinheads with thin little tails

That is what was said. It is my experience that any

standing water in the
garden attracts mosquitos and there are the tiniest

tadpoles (with heads
less than a millimeter across) before the strange looking

larvae appear. By
that I mean at less than a tenth of the size that I would

consider a
frog/toad tadpole, and there are gazillions of them.

I know what mosquito larvae looks like, thanks.
I have a gadzillion minnows in that "standing
water" 200 gallon pond with tons of water
plants, I don't think any mosquito has a chance
in Hades of surviving. Water in containers
(no fish, no plants) get mosquito larvae but
I treat with mosquito dunks.

Gail