Old 04-02-2003, 02:45 AM
Piscanthropus Profundus

Default Question about strawberries!

"Claude" wrote in message
Hello Dwayne!

Thank you for your answer.

`m planning to grow them in a pot! It is a special potcalled ( fraisière )
in French. It`s a ceramic pot with 4 pockets on the side.
You can plant some seeds at the top of the pot and in each of those

pocket.

The winter here is very cold. Last week it was aroung - 30 Centigrade.
So, i don`t know what i`m going to do next winter although we have a lot

of
strawberries grower in my area. Should I burried the pot in dead leaves

and
let it outside, protected from the cold?

You can bury the pot [and plants] for the following season. Strawberry pots
are usually unglazed, so be prepared for it to crumble or break within a few
years when subjected to winter temperatures.

Also, the growing instruction says that the seeds are veruy slow to
germinate. Should I start them now knowing the end of April is very nice

and
warm outside?

Aim for mid-May and be prepared to protect the young plants from late frost.

Profundus
Niagara Falls, Zone5b