Old 03-06-2003, 07:44 AM
Starlord

Default garden police gone wild?

There was one guy who beat those same kind of people and even the court wouldn't
touch his home, not after he painted it so that it became a U.S.Flag!

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org
Telescope Buyers FAQ
http://home.inreach.com/starlord
Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/
Starlord's Personal Page
http://starlord-personal.netfirms.com
Freelance Writers Shop
http://www.freelancewrittersshop.netfirms.com

"susabean" wrote in message

"animaux" wrote in message
On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 01:19:50 GMT, Diane
wrote:

by the HOA rules and regulations. They gave him a list of paint colors

that
were "acceptable" for his home. So.....he mixed them all up, and painted
his home a lovely shade of light peptobismol pink! They took him to

court
and lost. He had lived by the letter of the law.

Bravo! I hope someone gave him a medal.

Diane

o you honestly find that to be fair to the rest of the homeowners? Why
didn't
:the guy, or any number of people move to the country where they can do
whatever
:they want? I never did understand why people do such spiteful things. I
:complain, but I've never once did anything to bother my neighbors. We are
urselves, and take care to be as compliant as necessary to respect others.

Apparently you didn't read the whole thing. HE had lived there all his 60
plus years. It WAS the country. The property around him had been sold over
the years...either by him or others. (My husband tells me other landowners
around him had sold their property over the years as well.)

Some 60 years later, the NEW DEVELOPMENT HOME OWNERS told this guy, whose
home had been there 60 years, that HE had to change to THEIR specifications.

Excuse my bad language, but screw that.

I think what he did was ingenious.

Blessings,
Tammy

--
The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom.
Henry Ward Beecher

Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of
the originality.
Beatrix Potter

Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.
William Butler Yeats

www.pictureparables.com

---

---