Old 03-06-2003, 07:44 AM
lms

Default black roses question

In article ,
says...

I've seen a couple of Black Jades and another of the so called "black" roses
recently. Neither of them were even remotely black, not even dark red, more

of
a bright red, I was really disappointed in their color.

I don't know where you saw your red roses but if you want black roses you must
plant your black rose where it gets some shade and a rose pushed to the
limit of this will deliver the blackest rose.
I grew Guinee for about a dozen years, it's claimed in many books that it's
*the blackest rose, but I've seen it red red more times than I can tell you.
It didn't upset me, I didn't feel betrayed, I only felt enlightened. They all
behave similarly.

They were closer to
the last photo of the set on HMF.
I wonder if these roses become lighter in our sun? Anyone in a strong sun
climate growing any of the "black" roses?

yep. I quit chasing black roses after seeing so many red ones, but there
are still few roses on earth which can touch Oklahoma.