Old 03-06-2003, 12:20 PM
bigboard

Default Chilli recipe ?!

NC wrote:
Hi all,
My chilli plants are starting to bear some nice fruit, and by the looks of
the number of buds, I'll be getting lots!!
As a result, I'm looking for ways in which to preserve them for later use -
one of which is to make a hot sause of the type you get in the supermarket -
peri peri for example.
Anyway, I've found one good looking recipe
(http://olliver.family.gen.nz/chilli_sauce.htm) but can anyone recommend any
others ??
One small drawback to the question - I dont know what kind of chillis I have
!! One plant looks like birdseye, and the other looks like it will bear
larger rounder fruit - maybe habanero (!!!)
Any suggestions much appreciated.

Chilli vodka. Fill a bottle about a quarter to a fifth full of chillies,
and pour in vodka. Leave for a few months. Enjoy.

Chilli oil. Do the same thing but with olive oil. Very nice drizzled on
pizza.