Old 03-06-2003, 03:32 PM
John Rutz

Default Muriate of Potash

Fred wrote:
It comes in colors ranging from white to reddish brown, per my
understanding. The only stuff I could find in my neck of the woods (north
of San Diego) was called Sul Po Mag 0-0-20, and the small pellets are
reddish brown. The magnesium and sulfur make 31% of the mixture and are
supposed to aid in greening things up. So far no problems.

One question for regular users: Do you try to crush it up to dissolve
faster, or just toss it in as pellets/rocks?

Fred

the water softer potash I have been using comes in about 1 in pellets I
just toss em in ( figure one pellet is roughly an ounce) they disolve in
15 min or so

John Rutz
Z5 New Mexico

good judgement comes from bad experience, and that comes from bad
judgement

see my pond at:

http://www.fuerjefe.com