Old 03-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Alice Gless

Default Please can someone ID this rose (link to pic inside)

I'm still learning, Robert. If you give me your monitor size I can make you
one with better resolution, if you like. I make mine 1024 and they don't
quite stretch to 768 but they work fine. For every good picture I manage to
get I get many that aren't so good, especially yesterday when it was
overcast. Sunny days are the best but if you wait for sun some of these
blooms will be fading.

It looked very hardy and that's part of the reason I was impressed with it.
It was competing with some black raspberries and they both seem to be holding
their own. Two of my favorite things.

Robert Odell wrote:

Alice , First I must compliment on your talent as a photographer. I down
loaded the picture to use as a screen saver/wallpaper, truly a lovely pic.
What you have found wuld be discribed as a briar type rose---my guess is
that this was once a cultivated rose that went "ferrel" without any
cultivation-----pruning and the like.This will no doubt be a very hardy
plant . You can find bushes like this all over Britian where gardens are
left to go wild or the birds occasionally take the rose hips as food and
scatter them throughout the country side. Truly, a delightful find!
P.S. Tulsa, OK
"Alice Gless" wrote in message
Hi,

Just popped in here to see if anybody could help me ID this unusual (to
me) rose. I thought they were raspberries and when I went back to
photograph them, I found out they were roses just growing wild. They
are just so charming I went back and took some cuttings.

http://home.earthlink.net/~agless/White_Roses.jpg

Would appreciate any help here or reference to a library book I could
consult.