Old 03-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Paul Irwin

Default Pond fish

Water temperature is probably the biggest concern. In south central Indiana
I can keep tropical fish in my ponds from about mid-June to early September.
I have had the best results with Lake Malawi cichlids.

"onlyme" wrote in message
This may seem a stupid question to you all but.....

Is it possible to keep other types of freshwater fish (angel fish etc.) in

pond?

I have currently got six comets in a 1000gal pond and am about to add a
couple of koi.

Presumably there must be a reason as I haven't heard of anyone keeping

these
sorts of fish in ponds - just curious really.

TIA