Old 03-06-2003, 08:32 PM
David Hill

Default Where to buy a petrol strimmer?

Why not try a local garden machinery dealer, he may have reconditioned
machines, but wouldn't look at anything new costing under £100, depends what
you want to do with it.
I lashed out on a Stihl last year with the attachments, find the swivel
headed hedge trimmer is fantastic, I can cut to over 12 ft, and it will cut
wood over 1 inch thick.
As I now have arthritis in my knees this makes hedge cutting great, can cut
a large area with very little walking.
then pushing it all through the chipper, and from 100yds of hedge that
hasn't been cut in 5 yrs I have 20 nice piles of chippings. In all taking
both sides of my hedges I probably have the best part of a mile of hedge to
cut.
The cutter blade is great on brambles, and the plastic blades do a good job
on rough grass.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries