Old 03-06-2003, 09:08 PM
John Hines

Default Topping off pond question

"Nedra" wrote:

John, I have heard that such filters do not eradicate Chloramines.
Surely someone on this list would have mentioned it if it does
indeed work!

A quick google found in the city of LA Cloramine FAQ (google cached
copy)

qWill the water filter I've been using to remove chlorine from my
qwater at home also remove chloramine?

aAny activated carbon water filter will remove chloramine just as
a it removes chlorine. However, consult your manufacturer for specific
ainformation.

So, it looks like the answer is yes, if you get the right cartridge,
that is one with activated carbon.

That is the point of my recommendation of a general purpose filter,
that you can get the cartridge that meets your needs. They have ones for
removing sediment, rust, and other water problems, as well as double and
triple units to solve multiple problems.