Old 03-06-2003, 09:56 PM
Charlie

Default garden police gone wild?

"paghat" wrote in message
news

I don't like trailer houses myself. I seriously believe even "po' folk"
could be more aesthetic than that & an old wooden shed, a lean-to, or a
teepee could be beautiful in a way a trailer house never can be -- so
being poor isn't excuse enough to trucking in a square tin house &
plopping it down on a fourth of a lot right next door to another
quarter-lot just like it. There are exceptions. I've seen some vintage
trailers that have none of the horror-associations of doublewides & mobile
homes; people make fun of silverstreams that look like toasters, but I
think those are beautiful. You don't see that many. What you see is
rectangle tin boxes & doublewides that just reek of ugly.

I see what a trailer is now - I thought it was a trailer that was towed by a
truck, never realised it was a caravan / mobile home. There has been a
story in the paper over here about something similar recently - a neighbour
didn't like a luxury caravan being parked on someone in his roads driveway.
His solution? Hate mail and then stealing it at night. Bearing in mine
this was middle class England. I can't believe people do stuff like this -
for christs sake, it's so petty.

Charlie.