Old 03-06-2003, 11:08 PM
Scopata Fuori

Default black roses question

I don't know where you saw your red roses but if you want black roses you

must
plant your black rose where it gets some shade and a rose pushed to the
limit of this will deliver the blackest rose.

Hhhm... my experience has been that my darkest red roses acquire a blackened
shade in the heat of the full summer sun. Oklahoma, for one. The only black
in the shade I've seen, was on a now dead Black Garnet, with a fatal case of
what I can only guess to have been a botrytis or mildew infestation. The
entire buds blackened, and the canes quikly fell victim as well. It was only
a little shade, as it was near an apple tree, so late afternoon gave it some
shade.

Scopata Fuori

"Bad cat!"