Old 03-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Denise

Default Koi

Hey, no problem! Some people just think their way is the only right way
:-) .

If you have a good volume of water moving and recirculating the whole
pond often and you keep leaves and crap out and you make sure to keep
your filter clean (rinse often!) and you feed high quality food only and
your fish are stressed as little as possible, you can keep some big fish
in a little pond. My two older koi come right up to my fingers to get
food. I can even pet them (wet your hands first!)

I stated that I would listen to the fellow from the koi farm in NJ over
others simply because I was so impressed with his operation and gorgous
fish and the over a dozen ponds he had on display. My most expensive koi
came from him and he actually delivered my fish to me and stayed for a
couple of hours giving me priceless info.

I have been using Stress Coat and Stress Zyme in my tank for many years
and I started using them in my pond when I put it in last year. GOOD
stuff.

BTW, I showed some of the posts, including the ones about "unhappy"
fish, to my husband, and he said that if our fish ever seem to be
"unhappy", he will go out there with his 12-sting acoustic and entertain
them, will even tell a few jokes...

Denise