Old 04-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Vox Humana

Default garden police gone wild?

"Ann" wrote in message
news
"Vox Humana" expounded:

I also think that it is preposterous that one would assume that just

because
they bought something and pay taxes that they have an entitlement to do

what
they want. That would be like saying "I paid $40K for my car and pay
license fees (taxes) so I should be able to use it exactly as I want. To
hell with traffic laws."

No, traffic laws are for safety, HOA's are because you don't like what
someone else does to their property. Big difference. Your life isn't
in danger if I choose to paint my house orange.

The argument is that because someone pays for the house and pays taxes that
entitles them to do as they wish. It is the same argument. The
consequences my be different. One might think that smoking marijuana or
visiting a prostitute fall within the same category as painting your house
orange. Neither will automatically endanger your life. Can I assume that
you support the right to do what you want as long as it doesn't put life and
limb in harm's way?