Old 04-06-2003, 12:32 AM
Tom Jaszewski

Default Heatwave Help

On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 22:26:18 GMT, GardeningGuy
wrote:

Do you guys have any advice in helping my garden to withstand heatwaves?
We are having 3 days of 100+ degrees F. The flowers on my peppers are
drying and falling. tomatoes seem fine. Cucumbers look good. muskmelon
are getting dry. I try to keep them well watered but am sure not to over
do it. Is there anything else I should do?

GardeningGuy

Look for a watering problem, it's 108F here today and my peppers are
growing like weeds!!!

Mulch well!!!

"Nature, left alone, is in perfect balance.
Harmful insects and plant diseases are always present,
but do not occur in nature to an extent which requires the use of poisonous chemicals.
The sensible approach to disease and insect control is to grow sturdy crops in a healthy environment."

Masanobu Fukuoka, One Straw Revolution--1978