Old 04-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Ann

Default garden police gone wild?

"Vox Humana" expounded:

The argument is that because someone pays for the house and pays taxes that
entitles them to do as they wish. It is the same argument. The
consequences my be different. One might think that smoking marijuana or
visiting a prostitute fall within the same category as painting your house
orange. Neither will automatically endanger your life. Can I assume that
you support the right to do what you want as long as it doesn't put life and
limb in harm's way?

Assume anything you want. All I'm saying is I wouldn't live anywhere
where anyone had the kind of say over my property as to what kind of
fence I put up, or what color I painted my house, or what I grew in my
yard. All the rest of your arguments are just red herrings to draw
away from the base issue.

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA