Old 04-06-2003, 05:56 AM
Cass

Default Question about pruning roses

In article , lms
wrote:

In article ,
says...

In article , lms
wrote:

I've never heard of a black cane dieback. Which of your
weapons do you reckon caused this sudden sweeping black cane dieback?
hahahaha

Cheeses, you really want to temp the Fates that way? You don't know
that every time you say, "I don't get '.........' here," it's the very
next scourge to hit the garden??!?!? Everyone knows black cane dieback
is short for "I can't tell whether it's canker or botrytis but it's
heading down the canes to the bud union/crown and soon the whole rose
is gonna croak."

Oh I pknow. It's always a toss-up between the more I know the more I
don't want to know and the more I don't want to know the more I know.
Maybe there was just too much wild-guy in those little spray-drenched
pot-dwellers. maybe anything, huh? I don't really see a lot of black
cane dieback but I see my share of desert dirt brown cane dieback.
Reverse osrosis.

Okay, that is funny enough that I'm going to have to steal it. Reverse
osrosis. Wiping tears. Current victim: Magenta. And I saw such a
beautiful specimen in an open garden I was tempted to come back with a
box Morton's to make it look like mine.