Old 04-06-2003, 06:20 AM
Rhino

Default new idea for pre-filter

On Wed, 28 May 2003 23:45:46 -0500, Rhino wrote:

I hae a mag-drive pump that normally has a foam prefilter that is stuck on a
plastic, slotted "spindle". During the algae bloom this spring it got so that
I was cleaning the foam at least once a day. I got to looking at using a bottle
brush to catch the bigger stuff and let the smaller stuff that was clogging the
foam go through to the veggie filter (okay, not veggie--read plant and
biofilter). While at wally world I found two .99 cent toilet brushes. I cut
the handles off and just stuck them onto the "spindle". The brushes catch the
pump-damaging stuff and the rest goes on through. Even though I have clear
water now, I'm only having to clean the brushes once a week or more.

See my pond
www.htcomp.net/rhino_4_good/index.htm

"Without the second ammendment, the others are just suggestions."

Check out My home page and click on the "2002 pond pics" to see the "Toilet Bowl
Prefilter"