Old 04-06-2003, 12:32 PM
GrampysGurl

Default Will Shasta Daisy grow in constantly wet sand/full sun?

Kev, I have a whole row of shastas growing for cut flowers... I *always*
have to stake them or use hoops. I think in constantly wet conditions you
might be asking for fungus.

Dave

"Kevin Miller" wrote in message
.. .

The former home owner planted them right in front of the house and
they look too informal (flop over) and I don't want to throw them out.
Thanks!

Kevin Miller
Zone 5

I do nothing with mine, they are in regular garden soil, they growto just over
4 foot tall and have never needed staking.... They like regular water but like
to get dry inbetween, the more abuse they get the better I think since they
thrive here with NO care. I have Chrysanthemum maximus

Colleen zone 5 Connecticut