Old 04-06-2003, 02:20 PM
David Moore

Default leeks -what to do now

"miklol" wrote in message
I have put some leek plants in and they are still healthy after a week.

Now
do I have to earth them up or trim off the tops as I have been told or

just
leave them alone?

All I do is to drop them into a hole about 3 or 4 inches deep and 1 inch
diameter. I then top this up with water and, apart from weeding, leave them
completely alone. I've never trimmed the tops or roots and the results are
very good.

Often the leeks seem so small that it is hard to believe they will survive,
but with odd exceptions, often due to moles, there are few losses

David