Old 04-06-2003, 02:32 PM
lms

Default Question about pruning roses

In article ,
says...

In article , lms
wrote:

In article ,
says...

The Queen of Denmark, I've seen impressive pics of this rose, never made
a connection though. I grow another alba, Felicite Parmentier but I don't
see much of it, have to check on it now and again,

Here's one they can see from outer space.
http://www.rosefog.us/Roseoftheday/K...anDanemark.jpg

it grows next to Trier.
Considered moving it but you don't hang around for 200 years or whatever
if you're some kinda wimp rose that can't take a little competition.

Trier sounds like my kinda rose. I read somewhere that a lot of the
Trier sold in USA are Moonlight. What do I know. I grow Moonlight, and
it taint nearly as big as you Trier. Wide and layered, not big and
tall.

Wow, what a scam, what a travesty, I grew Moonlight for several years actually.
A few years back I moved a bunch of roses and dropped the level of this
one area down to its original level. I left Moonlight to its fate which it
finally met last year. The stickiness and the flowers, to some degree, are
similar, I guess they'd have to be. heheh. Seriously I used to pamper that
thing--and it's unforgiving and a mean sob-- but it just never wanted to grow,
never appreciated all those times I pulled the tall grass outa the beeeeitch.
And watered it special.
Moonlight, a rose named Moonlight should be a no-brainer, should kill
everything under it, not have to worry about gd grass. I think I was taken
in by the line in the catalog that went something like 'lights up the night
garden like searchlights'.

You know, you really need to grow some ramblers in there. This pup is
12 feet tall on a post (I found the previous post it killed) and then
weeps to the ground. If you use your imagination, you can see the canes
all perfectly parallel and trained up and around the posts. I bought
one to shamelessly copy. Got to use pressure treated, 6 in. lumber, 3,
4 bags of Redimix. A couple day's work when the fog returns. R.
Sempervirens hybrid, I think. Only 5 leave leaflests, dark green. Not
to mention mauve. Looks as good as any tree, only it's 15 times the
work.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...ages/Flora.jpg

404d me. heheh.

How can that be?

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...ages/Flora.jpg

well there it is now. Cass, that's fairly obscene. No, it's really obscene.
I wouldn't want to attract that much attention, it's scary.

You Winduhs folks can't just comand- click that puppy? I dunno. It's
there. On the server. Check the directory. You won't be sorry.

Besides a couple Hueys

Sumbich pops up everywhere I transplant a budded rose or move a potted
rose that grew out of the drain holes. Root divisions. At last, a use
for Roundup.

sounds dangerously fer TILe out there, ThankGod things don't grow like that
around here. I once had bindweed pop out from under a light switchplate,
inside wall. Replaced some siding yesterday, there were a couple sections
someone was trying to weave a basket or make a door mat behind which.