Old 04-06-2003, 02:32 PM
Lee Brouillet

Default *ANTS*

BV, you OBVIOUSLY have never met a Fire Ant! One run-in with them, and I
guarantee that you will kill with extreme prejudice! They serve no purpose
on God's Green Earth other than to torment, sometimes to death. Very nasty
creatures. OTH, other than them, I let the other bugs live in peace (well,
except for the ones that want to get into the house . . . hmmmm - my
"exception" list seems to be growing G)

Lee

"BenignVanilla" m wrote in
message ...
"Cleveland Ponder" wrote in message
om...
Mix in equal parts baking soda and powdered sugar. Place where ants
are active. Ants cannot expel gas. When they eat the baking
soda/sugar mix, it creates gas in the ants killing them.

snip

Call me Buddhist...but I can't seem to get myself to kill the ants
under/around my liner. They moved in after the pond went in, and I assume
are attracted to the source of water like most living things. I figure

they
will add to my pond environment, not take away from it. I also figure,

kill
these, and I am sure more will return.

BV.