Old 04-06-2003, 03:32 PM
Dave G

Default Gray Leaf Spots ??

Did you use Atrazine? If you used a 2-4-D type product that would
cause it. I've never seen it(atrazine) cause spots on leaf blades.
On diagnosing I've done in the past it yellowed the turf and then
killed the grass in patches. If you are getting the spots you
described, especially at this time of year I would hit the lawn with a
fungicide. If you do have gray leaf spot hold off on fertilizing
until it is under control. Fertilizing will make it worse. Hope this
helps.

On Fri, 30 May 2003 21:08:17 -0500, "Ray"
wrote:

I recently sprayed my lawn with a concentrated weed killer using a sprayer
that attaches to the water hose.

I must have used more than required because my St. Augustine Lawn blade tips
are developing white spots that are circular with a brown border. I emailed
the Scotts website and they claim I used too much weed killer.
I emailed the local University horticulturist and he says it could be
chemically burned from the pesticide or possibly Gray Leaf Spots. I didn't
have this problem before until I used an over abundance of weed killer.

I also didn't notice it in the areas where I didn't spray for weeds.

Has anyone else experienced this before ?? And what was done to correct ??

TIA,
Ray