Old 04-06-2003, 03:56 PM
onlyme

Default What do I need to test?

Thanks again for the prompt replies, time to go shopping (any excuse to go
back there and talk myself out of buying 'the big koi')

"onlyme" wrote in message
I am once again turning to the 'source of all knowledge'....

I need to upgrade my test kit and am going to try to cover all parameters

so
please could you let me know which parameters I should be testing?

I know of these - am I missing any?
temp
ph
water hardness - is there another term for this?
ammonia
nitrite
nitrate

Thank-you
PS - some background:
Inherited pond which I wasn't that keen on, looked untidy and considered
filling it in and turfing over as there wasn't much sign of life. A few
weeks later having cleaned it out and tidied up, replaced filters & pump
etc. I've found some very grateful fish, a few frogs and now want a bigger