Old 04-06-2003, 04:20 PM
C.Champ

Default *ANTS*

While I don't get ants around my pond (yet) I do get them
everywhere else. They come out so bad in spots that they will
actually turn the ground black for about a 3 ft. around area.
What I use and it works "Great" is those little store bought
ant bait traps where the ants go in get the bait then take it
back to there nest so all their buddies can partake of the
poison (sorry...I mean food). All it takes is a couple days
and they are completely gone (in that spot).
CC

"*muffin*" wrote in message
while putting in plants around the pond edge I noticed TONS

of ants living
under the liner....
*crud*
now I KNOW ants have eaten their way through a vinyl water

bed, ( don't
ask).

HOW do I get rid if these ants,, have you had any problems

with them being
destructive on liners,, etc??
so far I CAREFULLY poured liquid ant killer along edge of

dirt,,, where the
liner was higher than the dirt, & sprinkled dry ant killer

elsewhere in the
plant area.

any other suggestions?? I figure they would just burrow

deeper.......

(oh, they are big & small ants,,,,, alllllll over.........)

( I also have to worry now about moles & mice,,

dang-it,,,,,,,,, I forgot
they ate my flower bulbs on that side of the house over the

*sniffle* ,, !!!!!help!!!!