Old 02-03-2003, 11:39 PM
DH

Default Re(2): Garden plot planning?

"Glenna Rose" wrote in message
news:fc.003d0941018c74553b9aca00625512c7.18c78b7@p mug.org...

Complicated? I chuckled when I read that. I became owner to ten chickens
last September, live in town on a 100x135-ft. lot and enjoy them
thoroughly...

Yes, I remember raising the babies in my bedroom, in a big cardboard box.
When they got old enough to fly to the top of the box, I would wake up with
seven chickens roosting on the box edge, looking at me. :-) We moved them
to a coop, and they hung out all day long, back and forth between our house
and my aunt's stable, then come back to the coop and sleep. I had six white
leghorns and a bantee hen that somehow got mixed in with the leghorn chicks.
She was a little sweetie, and would literally crawl up into my lap and fall
asleep while I petted her.

I don't recall it being a big project to raise them, but now that I read up
on raising chickens again (about 25 years later), it seems like there are a
lot more rules! :-)