Old 04-06-2003, 05:44 PM
James Williams

Default *ANTS*

"BenignVanilla" m wrote :

I met a few, years ago, and if I remember correctly, a few souls were
squashed. Nowadays, I rarely kill anything. It drives my wife crazy when I
pick up spiders, ants, silverfish, etc. and carry them outside. I am still
trying to get over helping her set mouse traps this past winter. That was
difficult.

Perhaps it will make you feel better about killing ants if you read
this.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepu...520ants20.html

Fire ants are -much- more aggressive than black ants. Fire ants in your
yard make colonies that can infect the yards of your neighbors. My little
sister fell in a fire ant bed when she was young and it took us over an hour
to get all the ants out of her hair, ears and eyelids. She screamed for
days.

Use the orthene.

---