Old 04-06-2003, 06:20 PM
Nedra

Default Topping off pond question

Okay... John Hines... just keeping you honest!

Nedra

"John Hines" wrote in message
"Nedra" wrote:

Thanks a million, Lee. Actually .I figured it was
prohibitive cost-wise else the
ChlorAm-X folk would shut down.

It is interesting in John's later post that he talks about
squirting 'some' potion in his pond during a water
change so apparently he was
just gigging me on chemical use for the fun of it !! ;-)

I have been keeping aquarium fish as a hobby and professionally (my
first job) my entire adult life, and have very rarely used de-clor. Only
when changing large percentages of water. Again, we have simple water
clorination here. I remember changing the water in an entire row of
freshwater tanks, right out of the tap. like 1/3 water changes.

For the pond, doing it is more about my feeling bad about NOT doing it,
rather than any dead fish.

Again, a filter cartridge will have a number of gallons of usage as it
is good for, if that meets into your budget, then use it.

My preference it to use as few chemicals as possible in keeping of the
animals (fish or fowl).

And yes, if I every get the proverbial "round toit", I'll run a water
line out to the garage, and install a filter, for the pond, which would
tap off of it.

For now, it is a hose. And an occasional squirt of amquel.