Old 04-06-2003, 06:44 PM
Khaimraj Seepersad

Default [IBC] Bonsai disease FAQ

Good Day to All,

Nina typed -
A: Junipers are not indoor bonsai, despite what you may have been
told when you bought it. They require high levels of light and
humidity, things not found in the average house unless the house has
a glassed-in conservatory, or unless you install fluorescent lighting
and a humidifier. Junipers also do better with a cold dormant period
in winter. All in all, it's best to keep junipers outdoors.

Thanks Nina,
a million,

everyone else can grow junipers down here [ Shimpaku,Procumbens,
San Jose' and so on],but not me.
I suspected it was humidity.Now I wonder if I can rectify that one?

I have seen over 12 year old junipers down here grown from cuttings,
so even the cold period may be a minimal need.

Okay,we try again.
Bet you never thought of Tropical islands as being low in humidity.
It's the dry season and constant breeze.
Thanks again.
Khaimraj
[West Indies/Caribbean,
Sempre Spring Zone].