Old 04-06-2003, 07:08 PM
Vox Humana

Default garden police gone wild?

"Starlord" wrote in message
news
I think he was talking about the guy with the pink house, after all, it
had been
a FARM for 60+ years, nothing in or on the deeds as to what they could or
couldn't paint the house, what kind of fence or anything else. Now with

the city
folks buying land and building homes and out of the clear blue sky they

are
being told what they can and can't do to their home. SCREW THAT.

Unless we know the details of the situation it is futile to discuss it. The
only point that I am making is that if you sign an agreement to abide by the
covenants and restrictions that are a part of your deed then you must live
by your word. You have entered into a contract with the other home owners.
If you don't like the terms of the contract then you should simply move on.
There are precious few situations where you can do anything that you want
simply because you own a piece of property. Between building codes, zoning,
deed restrictions, and civil and criminal codes, you are severely limited to
what you can do.