Old 04-06-2003, 07:44 PM
Cass

Default Question about pruning roses

In article , dave weil
wrote:

On 4 Jun 2003 08:35:06 -0500, (lms) wrote:

In article ,
says...

In article , lms
wrote:

In article ,
says...

You know, you really need to grow some ramblers in there. This pup is
12 feet tall on a post (I found the previous post it killed) and then
weeps to the ground. If you use your imagination, you can see the canes
all perfectly parallel and trained up and around the posts. I bought
one to shamelessly copy. Got to use pressure treated, 6 in. lumber, 3,
4 bags of Redimix. A couple day's work when the fog returns. R.
Sempervirens hybrid, I think. Only 5 leave leaflests, dark green. Not
to mention mauve. Looks as good as any tree, only it's 15 times the
work.

http://home.earthlink.net/~cbernstei...ages/Flora.jpg

well there it is now. Cass, that's fairly obscene. No, it's really obscene.
I wouldn't want to attract that much attention, it's scary.

Weird - you revel over 12 foot lanky sparse looking Mr. Lincolns but
you wouldn't want *this* plant - which has obviously grown to be what
it wants to be, which is a huge plant overloaded with blossoms?

Well, different strokes I suppose...

He wants it, don't believe a word he wrote.