Old 03-03-2003, 12:27 AM
pgh

Default Newbie question about shade

No, I don't have any suggestion, being a novice in this business.
I was just perusing gardening books in the local Barnes & Noble,
and found a few titles that might be of interest to you:

(Better Homes and Gardens)
step-by-step shade gardens, Patricia A. Taylor

(Sunset)
Gardening with Shade: Ideas for Planning & Planting, Editors of Sunset Books

(Ortho's All About)
Shade Gardening, Jo Kellum

(Taylor's Guide to)
Shade Gardening, Frances Tenenbaum (Editor)

I don't know if these are any good, but at least you can go to Amazon.com
and read the reviews there. Or hang out here for a little while and maybe the
inhabitants of this newsgroup will care to comment.

Best luck.

Cindy wrote:

I live in an area that is loaded with shade. I live in the city on a high
traffic road. The trees can't go. The only sunny spots are in the front, on
the hill next to the road. Isn't there *any* way I can grow something? My
backyard, where I want to grow things, has only spotty sunlight that moves
throughout the day. There isn't a spot that has full sun, period. Are there
any suggestions on what I can do, outside of using a community garden? The
community garden is out.

I truly hope someone has some good suggestions.

TIA!

Cindy